Top Tech Tidbits - Volume 180
The Week's News in Adaptive Technology
Distributed by Flying Blind, LLC
For questions and comments regarding Tidbits, please e-mail Dean Martineau at firstname.lastname@example.org. Dean Martineau provides adaptive technology training by phone, online, and in person, with flexible arrangements, and at affordable prices.
1) This audio download, courtesy of the NFB Access Technology blog, is an interview with Jerry Chevalier concerning development of the Victor Reader Stream.
2) Version 2.5 of Wayfinder Access, a gps option for users of Symbian-based phones, is available.
3) this web page contains Daisy audio and text versions of scriptures from several faiths, perhaps most notably the New International Version of the Bible and the Qu'ran.
4) Here are two new Gw Micro Knowledge Base articles: Location of Window-Eyes Program and User Files
Getting Started With GW Sense Navigation
5) "An easier solution to a range of blind and low vision access needs With Dolphin Computer Access Version 10" will be the topic for Tek Talk on GMT Tuesday, 21 October at 00:00. The Tek Talk team is interested in getting the word out as much as possible about these weekly free training events, so feel free to announce them widely, and if you are a person who would like to listen in but doesn't quite know how, reply here and perhaps the team can find somebody who can make this possible.
6) Jamal Mazrui has written Visual Studio Tips for Blind Programmers
Would you like to receive text-only versions of the Tidbits and Flying Blind, LLC E-Newsletters? If so, find the link at the bottom of every E-News titled "Update Profile/E-Mail Address", and check this newly-available option.
Feel free to forward individual Tidbits, or the entire tidbits issue, to interested people (but make sure they don't already receive it; a lot do!) When doing this, please have the courtesy to cite your source, perhaps directing them to the tidbits website (see below.)
Tidbits is intentionally concise, but I know a lot of people don't understand many of the items because little explanation is given. If a Tidbit brings up a question in your mind, feel free to ask, and I'll answer as time, knowledge and inclination permit.
Visit the Tidbits page at http://www.topdotenterprises.com/tidbits.htm where you can subscribe to the RSS feed and grab back issues. All that welcome information for future issues can come to me at email@example.com.
People can subscribe to Tidbits via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (Make sure to get all 4 T's into the address!)
| Flying Blind, LLC | 955 Pembrook Road | Cleveland Heights, Ohio 44121 |