Top Tech Tidbits - Volume 276
The Week's News in Adaptive Technology
Distributed by Flying Blind, LLC
This Issue's Featured Advertisement: E-Blink Showcase Presents One BrailleNote PK for USD $2,000.00!
This refurbished, smallest member of the BrailleNote Family has 18 cells, and packs a lot of power within a tiny package. This BrailleNote PK is in great condition and needs a great home. Price includes shipping & handling within the continental (48 contiguous) United States. Please e-mail email@example.com or call +1 (216) 381-8107 for additional details. This is a single unit that will be sold on a first come, first serve basis.
1) SeroTalk Tech Chat 69 discussed Handheld and Portable Video Magnifiers
2) The September 20, 2010 post to the NFB Access Technology Blog reviews the Dice HD Radio.
3) "Apple Pickin’ Time: What’s New In iOS4.1" is the latest Tech Doctor podcast, as Robert Carter interviews Anna Dresner to discuss the latest Apple operating system.
4) Anna will be the guest on Tek Talk on GMT Tuesday, 28 September to discuss new features of Audible.
5) Stevie Wonder discusses the negative effects of the current copyright law toward the blind and disabled to a UN committee on this video.
6) The Microsoft Word script for Window-Eyes has been updated to permit better navigation between pages.
7) Sendero LookAround is a $4.99 iPhone app that gives limited information about a user's surroundings. Its sales will help the company decide if it wants to write more detailed apps for this platform.
8) Freedom Scientific has openings for tech support specialists, both at the Florida headquarters and by contract with the option of working from a distant location. those interested should email a resume to Bryan Carver
For questions and comments regarding Tidbits, please e-mail Dean Martineau at firstname.lastname@example.org. Dean Martineau provides adaptive technology training by phone, online, and in person, with flexible arrangements, and at affordable prices.
Would you like to receive text-only versions of the Top Tech Tidbits and Adaptech Insider Newsletters? If so, find the link at the bottom of each Newsletter titled "Update Profile/E-Mail Address", and check this newly-available option.
Feel free to forward individual Tidbits, or the entire tidbits issue, to interested people (but make sure they don't already receive it; a lot do!) When doing this, please have the courtesy to cite your source, perhaps directing them to the Tidbits archive (see below.)
Tidbits is intentionally concise, and we know a lot of people may not understand some items because little explanation is given. If a particular Tidbit brings up a question in your mind, feel free to ask, and I will try to answer as time and knowledge permit.
Visit the Tidbits archive at http://www.flying-blind.com/tidbits2010.html where you can grab back issues. All that welcome information for future issues can come to me at email@example.com.
You can subscribe to Top Tech Tidbits on the Flying Blind, LLC Website at: http://www.flying-blind.com. Here you will find an accessibly friendly and secure form into which you can enter your email address, click submit, and begin receiving Tidbits weekly. It's that easy.
| Flying Blind, LLC | 955 Pembrook Road | Cleveland Heights, Ohio 44121 |