Top Tech Tidbits - Volume 271
The Week's News in Adaptive Technology
Distributed by Flying Blind, LLC
This Issue's Featured Advertisement: E-Blink Showcase Presents One ALVA 570 Satellite for USD $4,500.00!
This high performance Braille display has a reputation for excellence, responsiveness, and ergonomic comfort. It's hardly used, in fantastic condition, and needs a new home! Discounted USD $2,500.00 off of its suggested list price, this is an amazing bargain for anyone needing a low-cost 70-Cell Braille display! Price includes shipping & handling within the continental (48 contiguous) United States! Please e-mail email@example.com or call +1 (216) 381-8107 for additional details. This is a single unit that will be sold on a first come, first serve basis. (Computer not included.)
For a long time, I had a low-cost service where I sold a package of 50 audio articles for $9.00. I ended up finishing around 35 of the articles and didn't continue with the project, Hence, I'm making all the material available to everybody. Though much of the material is dated, some of it is still useful. So if you want to listen to any of the Sound Computing articles, just go to
1) Code Factory has created a new YouTube video of MobileSpeak 4.5 with a Nokia X6 to demo some of the advanced features of the new touch modes in MobileSpeak:
2) Because many people seem to find this aspect of iPhone use challenging, I have created a 24-minute audio tutorial on arranging apps on your home screen, creating folders, and the like. It has been submitted to the Blind Cool Tech podcast, but in the meantime you can download it here:
3) Learn about two new products, the Bay Area Digital Internet Radio, and the Pronto braille and speech notetaker, sold by Bay Area Digital, on Tek Talk on GMT Tuesday, 24 August at 00:00.
4) GW Micro has produced what they're called Window-Eyes 7.2 Refresh, which fixes a few bugs using the Thunderbird e-mail client, the start-up process for windows Vista and windows 7, some difficulties faced by participants in the Pay to Own program, and some lesser bugs as well.
5) Serotalk Podcast 48brings us lots of different tech news as well as features on Two Bluetooth Keyboards, Apple Magic Trackpad and More
6) Jamal Mazrui has released another useful program, Encoding, which lets you view or change the system used to encode a document. If you work with documents in different languages or created in different operating systems, it could be useful.
7) We announced this ages ago, but the product wasn't really out then. Now Freedom Scientific is shipping OpenBook 9, its newest version of the OCR program, which can be bought with the Pearl Portable Reading Camera.
8) This Fred's Head post is called Talk to Your Friends on Facebook From Windows Live Messenger
For questions and comments regarding Tidbits, please e-mail Dean Martineau at firstname.lastname@example.org. Dean Martineau provides adaptive technology training by phone, online, and in person, with flexible arrangements, and at affordable prices.
Would you like to receive text-only versions of the Top Tech Tidbits and Adaptech Insider Newsletters? If so, find the link at the bottom of each Newsletter titled "Update Profile/E-Mail Address", and check this newly-available option.
Feel free to forward individual Tidbits, or the entire tidbits issue, to interested people (but make sure they don't already receive it; a lot do!) When doing this, please have the courtesy to cite your source, perhaps directing them to the Tidbits archive (see below.)
Tidbits is intentionally concise, and we know a lot of people may not understand some items because little explanation is given. If a particular Tidbit brings up a question in your mind, feel free to ask, and I will try to answer as time and knowledge permit.
Visit the Tidbits archive at http://www.flying-blind.com/tidbits2010.html where you can grab back issues. All that welcome information for future issues can come to me at email@example.com.
You can subscribe to Top Tech Tidbits on the Flying Blind, LLC Website at: http://www.flying-blind.com. Here you will find an accessibly friendly and secure form into which you can enter your email address, click submit, and begin receiving Tidbits weekly. It's that easy.
| Flying Blind, LLC | 955 Pembrook Road | Cleveland Heights, Ohio 44121 |