Top Tech Tidbits - Volume 330
The Week's News in Adaptive Technology
A Flying Blind, LLC Publication
This Week's Featured Advertisement: One Gently Used BrailleNote Apex32 Cell Notetaker for USD $3,595.00!!!
Flying Blind, LLC is pleasantly shocked and excited to have a gently used BrailleNote Apex32 Notetaker for sale for USD $3,595.00 - that's approximately USD $2,800.00 off of it's suggested list price!!! The BrailleNote name is synonymous with excellence and innovation, and the Apex continues to set standards that other notetakers have yet to meet. This unit has hardly been used and is in excellent condition. It's size makes it a perfect stocking stuffer for some lucky recipient this holiday season. That, and it's robust yet intuitive functionality will offer limitless options to whomever receives it. This is a single unit and will be sold on a first come, first serve basis. Includes shipping anywhere within the continental United States. For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 (216) 381-8107 today!
1) Yours truly has finally put his toe into the world of social networking and has joined Twitter, accessing via the_Qube. Come follow me, @deantopdot. You out in the tidosphere will benefit from this development because of the information I glean from prolific tweeters like @jmosen and @ranger1138.
2) One such is this article: The Complete Guide to iTunes Books, Podcasts + iTunes U:
3) And check out Accessibility for Web Writers, a 14-part series:
4) This article is entitled How to download YouTube videos, and other curious things:
5) The University of Chicago Spanish-English, English-Spanish dictionary, a pocket dictionary originally available only in a 27' pamphlet paper edition, is now available for electronic download through Web Braille to registered borrowers. It joins Dictionary of eye terminology, Elson's pocket music dictionary and Dictionary of braille music signs as downloadable items with "dictionary" in the title.
6) Thanks to Fred's Head, we discover the Accessible iPad Blog which discusses the accessibility of this device for a variety of people.
7) There may be openings to beta-test JAWS scripts for Peachtree Complete Accounting.
8) Get the most up-to-date information about available accessible games on Tek Talk on GMt Tuesday, 13 December at 01:00:
9) New free and paid webinars are now posted on the Freedom Scientific training page:
10) Firmware 4.47 for the Milestone digital recorder/players from Bones offers many new file formats, including Bookshare, and some enhanced navigation features.
11) Sarah Alawami has created some Youtube videos about using WordPress: Part 1: Setting up WordPress:
Part 2 Installing Plug-ins
Part 3 Editing PHP or some of it
12) Executive Products has created cases for the Brailliant 32, the Focus 40 Blue and the iPhone.
13) Here are a couple nuggets from the Gizmo site: Best Free Spell-Checker:
How to Access Advanced Settings and Information for Your Chrome or Firefox Browser:
Would you like to receive text-only versions of the Top Tech Tidbits and Adaptech Insider Newsletters? If so, find the link at the bottom of each Newsletter titled "Update Profile/E-Mail Address", and check this option.
Feel free to forward individual Tidbits, or the entire tidbits issue, to interested people (just make sure they don't already receive it; a lot do!) When doing this, please have the courtesy to cite your source, perhaps directing them to the Tidbits Archive (see below.)
Tidbits is intentionally concise, and we know a lot of people may not understand some items because little explanation is given. If a particular Tidbit brings up a question in your mind, feel free to ask, and we will try to answer as time and knowledge permit.
Visit the 2011 Tidbits Archive at http://www.flying-blind.com/tidbits2011.html where you can grab back issues. All that welcome information for future issues can be directed to our editor, Dean Martineau, at email@example.com.
You can subscribe to Top Tech Tidbits on the Flying Blind, LLC Website at: http://www.flying-blind.com. Here you will find an accessibly friendly and secure form into which you can enter your email address, click submit, and begin receiving Tidbits weekly. It's that easy.***************************************