Top Tech Tidbits - Volume 321
The Week's News in Adaptive Technology
A Flying Blind, LLC Publication
This Issue's Featured Advertisement: New BrailleNote PK's Reduced To $1,999.00 USD Each!
Flying Blind, LLC is both ecstatic and astounded to announce that its supplier has reduced the price of the BrailleNote PKs advertised a couple of weeks ago from $2,995.00 USD each to $1,999.00 USD each; that's approximately $3,000.00 USD off of their list price! Unbelievable, unheard of, but true! These units are brand new, and available only while supplies last. These PKs are running the latest version of KeySoft designed for the PK and come with a manufacturer's warranty. Also, Flying Blind, LLC is providing an optional upgrade to the globally acclaimed Sendero GPS for BrailleNote PKs for an additional $1,000.00 USD - another tremendous savings!!! So, for US$2,999.00 USD you can own one of the world's smallest notetakers with a fantastic GPS solution, integrated right into the PK!!! For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 (216) 381-8107. Act now while supplies last! All available units will be sold on a first-come, first-serve basis. (PC not included. Mobile phone not included.)
1) AT&T is giving its US customers a free copy version of Code Factory Mobile Accessibility, called Mobile Accessibility Lite, for use with its Android phones.
2) Learn about the SendSpace file storage and transfer service on Tek Talk on GMT Tuesday, October 11 at 00:00.
3) Thanks to Fred's Head, we learn about the Directory of Free Assistive Technology Software Compiled by the University of Athens
4) American Printing House for the Blind has updated its Guidelines for Print Document Design
5) Between Top Tech Tidbits and the weekly Serotalk Podcast, anybody can keep up with adaptive tech news and news about pertinent technology in general.
6) The new Brailliant braille displays are available from Humanware, featuring thumb keys, the same braille displays found in the Apex products, and lower prices, though these are hard to find on their web site.
A webinar about the Brailliants will take place on GMT Thursday, October 13 at 00:00.
7) Here are some of the latest finds on the Gizmo site: 300,000 Free Lectures From The World's Top Universities
Finds of the Week (October 1st, 2011)
How to Find Out What Is Going On Behind the Scenes in Windows 7
A Fast Search-And-Replace Utility That Copes With a Folder Full of Files
Communicate Online With Extra Privacy
8) J.J. Meddaugh with his A T Guys company is selling a video magnifier from Chris Park Designs. The introductory price is $649, to go up $50 after the first 200 units are sold. this 8-ounce magnifier has a 4.3-inch screen and claims features not available on other products.
9) Amazon seeks a program manager focused on the assistive technology user experience.
For questions and comments regarding Tidbits, please e-mail Dean Martineau at email@example.com. Dean Martineau provides adaptive technology training by phone, online, and in person, with flexible arrangements, and at affordable prices.
Would you like to receive text-only versions of the Top Tech Tidbits and Adaptech Insider Newsletters? If so, find the link at the bottom of each Newsletter titled "Update Profile/E-Mail Address", and check this newly-available option.
Feel free to forward individual Tidbits, or the entire tidbits issue, to interested people (but make sure they don't already receive it; a lot do!) When doing this, please have the courtesy to cite your source, perhaps directing them to the Tidbits archive (see below.)
Tidbits is intentionally concise, and we know a lot of people may not understand some items because little explanation is given. If a particular Tidbit brings up a question in your mind, feel free to ask, and I will try to answer as time and knowledge permit.
Visit the Tidbits archive at http://www.flying-blind.com/tidbits2011.html where you can grab back issues. All that welcome information for future issues can come to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can subscribe to Top Tech Tidbits on the Flying Blind, LLC Website at: http://www.flying-blind.com. Here you will find an accessibly friendly and secure form into which you can enter your email address, click submit, and begin receiving Tidbits weekly. It's that easy.
| Flying Blind, LLC | 955 Pembrook Road | Cleveland Heights, Ohio 44121 |