Top Tech Tidbits - Volume 315
The Week's News in Adaptive Technology
Distributed by Flying Blind, LLC
This Issue's Featured Advertisement: One Refurbished VoiceNote BT mPower Notetaker for US$595.00!!!
This gently used Braille notetaking solution is in excellent condition and provides endless functionality to the portable notetaking user who is in the market for such a device at an unbeatable price. Surf the web, read and write emails, manage appointments and contacts, and so much more using a product that has set the standard for notetakers for over a decade! Free shipping included within the 48 continental United States. This is a single unit that will be sold on a first-come, first-serve basis. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 (216) 381-8107.
1) Those wishing to explore the topic of notetaking devices, whether we need them at all and how to choose one if we want one, will have two chances to explore the topic. First is Main Menu, on GMT Saturday, 13 August at 00:00, and rerun thereafter.
2) Next the same topic will be addressed on Teak Talk on GMT tuesday, 16 August at 00:00.
3) The August, 2011 issue of AccessWorld contains A Comparison of Three Low-Cost, Hand-Held, Camera-Model Video Magnifiers, NonVisual Desktop Access and Thunder: A Comparison of Two Free Screen Readers, Book Review: Twenty-Six Useful Apps for Blind iPhone Users, by Peter Cantisani, and regular features.
4) A T Guys has partnered with Executive Products to create a custom form fit leather case for the iBill BankNote Identifier. The case protects the unit while allowing the iBill to be used without taking it out of the case. To order, visit
5) HumanWare announces an updated audio tutorial for the Stream. It is available for download from:
6) Humanware offers US residents some back-to-school specials good through 30 September.
For questions and comments regarding Tidbits, please e-mail Dean Martineau at email@example.com. Dean Martineau provides adaptive technology training by phone, online, and in person, with flexible arrangements, and at affordable prices.
Would you like to receive text-only versions of the Top Tech Tidbits and Adaptech Insider Newsletters? If so, find the link at the bottom of each Newsletter titled "Update Profile/E-Mail Address", and check this newly-available option.
Feel free to forward individual Tidbits, or the entire tidbits issue, to interested people (but make sure they don't already receive it; a lot do!) When doing this, please have the courtesy to cite your source, perhaps directing them to the Tidbits archive (see below.)
Tidbits is intentionally concise, and we know a lot of people may not understand some items because little explanation is given. If a particular Tidbit brings up a question in your mind, feel free to ask, and I will try to answer as time and knowledge permit.
Visit the Tidbits archive at http://www.flying-blind.com/tidbits2011.html where you can grab back issues. All that welcome information for future issues can come to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can subscribe to Top Tech Tidbits on the Flying Blind, LLC Website at: http://www.flying-blind.com. Here you will find an accessibly friendly and secure form into which you can enter your email address, click submit, and begin receiving Tidbits weekly. It's that easy.
| Flying Blind, LLC | 955 Pembrook Road | Cleveland Heights, Ohio 44121 |