Top Tech Tidbits - Volume 288
The Week's News in Adaptive Technology
Distributed by Flying Blind, LLC
This Issue's Featured Advertisement: E-Blink Showcase Presents One VoiceNote QT Notetaker for USD $1,100.00!
Just in time to be a last minute stocking stuffer we're offering a fantastic bargain courtesy of the world's most famous family of notetakers. This notetaker with a computer-style keyboard lists for approximately USD $2,000.00. The VoiceNote QT enables you to create documents, schedule addresses, manage contacts and e-mail, browse the internet, and much more. And, it's available at close to a 50% discount off of its suggested retail price. If interested, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 (216) 381-8107. Price includes shipping within the Continental United States. Prices include shipping & handling within the continental (48 contiguous) United States. Please e-mail email@example.com or call +1 (216) 381-8107 for additional details. This is a single unit that will be sold on a first come, first serve basis.
There will be an issue of Tidbits next week if there is news to share.
1) Jamal Mazrui has released version 3 of his JAWS scripts for the Thunderbird e-mail client.
2) NFB Newsline now allows users to download DAISY files of their favorite publications, which are converted to audio using the same settings you use when you listen on the phone. These files can then be played in the NLS digital player. The program used is called the DTB Downloader.
3) Gw Micro will offer a new webinar in 2011, called the Gw Insider. The first one will take place on Thursday, 19 January at 19:00 GMT, and they will be archived for later download or listening. These programs will focus on people who have overcome severe challenges related to employment, disability, and other issues.
4) Version 2.0 of the Trekker Breeze from Humanware is now available. It features the ability to input an address to create a route, to more easily track back once you have followed a route, the ability to receive custom GPS information from a pc, and other enhancements.
5) SeroTalk Podcast 57 brings us the Latest adaptive technology News for December 20, 2010,and they cover a wide range of topics; there's something of interest to pretty much everybody on this one.
6) The tips editor at Gizmo tells about Important and Useful Windows Applications You Didnít Know You Already Had
7) RS Games Yahtzee is now ready for all to play.
For questions and comments regarding Tidbits, please e-mail Dean Martineau at firstname.lastname@example.org. Dean Martineau provides adaptive technology training by phone, online, and in person, with flexible arrangements, and at affordable prices.
Would you like to receive text-only versions of the Top Tech Tidbits and Adaptech Insider Newsletters? If so, find the link at the bottom of each Newsletter titled "Update Profile/E-Mail Address", and check this newly-available option.
Feel free to forward individual Tidbits, or the entire tidbits issue, to interested people (but make sure they don't already receive it; a lot do!) When doing this, please have the courtesy to cite your source, perhaps directing them to the Tidbits archive (see below.)
Tidbits is intentionally concise, and we know a lot of people may not understand some items because little explanation is given. If a particular Tidbit brings up a question in your mind, feel free to ask, and I will try to answer as time and knowledge permit.
Visit the Tidbits archive at http://www.flying-blind.com/tidbits2010.html where you can grab back issues. All that welcome information for future issues can come to me at email@example.com.
You can subscribe to Top Tech Tidbits on the Flying Blind, LLC Website at: http://www.flying-blind.com. Here you will find an accessibly friendly and secure form into which you can enter your email address, click submit, and begin receiving Tidbits weekly. It's that easy.
| Flying Blind, LLC | 955 Pembrook Road | Cleveland Heights, Ohio 44121 |