Top Tech Tidbits - Volume 186
The Week's News in Adaptive Technology
Distributed by Flying Blind, LLC
For questions and comments regarding Tidbits, please e-mail Dean Martineau at email@example.com. Dean Martineau provides adaptive technology training by phone, online, and in person, with flexible arrangements, and at affordable prices.
1) Do you want to learn to use the Stream Companion software to transfer different books to the Victor Reader Stream? If so, Tek Talk on GMT Tuesday, 2 December at 01:00 is for you.
2) Version 1.1 of VIP Mud is available for game players, with some new swcripting commands.
3) Serotek offers $200 reductions on purchases of its products of $399 or more if you buy between Nov. 28 and Dec. 1.
4) Access Technology Institute offers a new textbook, Outlook 2007 with Window-Eyes 7, available for $50 as a digital download.
5) J.J. Meddaugh has provided another way to learn about bargains, the BlindBargains.com Deals Discussion. People can discuss and share good deals and ask all sorts of related questions.
6) Fred's Head Companion reminds us of a couple resources for screen magnification software, some of which is very affordable, and some of which is designed to help those whose vision loss is not too severe. One is The Screen Magnifiers Homepage,
and another is a free program, the Virtual Magnifying Glass
Would you like to receive text-only versions of the Tidbits and Flying Blind, LLC E-Newsletters? If so, find the link at the bottom of every E-News titled "Update Profile/E-Mail Address", and check this newly-available option.
Feel free to forward individual Tidbits, or the entire tidbits issue, to interested people (but make sure they don't already receive it; a lot do!) When doing this, please have the courtesy to cite your source, perhaps directing them to the tidbits website (see below.)
Tidbits is intentionally concise, but I know a lot of people don't understand many of the items because little explanation is given. If a Tidbit brings up a question in your mind, feel free to ask, and I'll answer as time, knowledge and inclination permit.
Visit the Tidbits page at http://www.topdotenterprises.com/tidbits.htm where you can subscribe to the RSS feed and grab back issues. All that welcome information for future issues can come to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
People can subscribe to Tidbits via e-mail: email@example.com (Make sure to get all 4 T's into the address!)
| Flying Blind, LLC | 955 Pembrook Road | Cleveland Heights, Ohio 44121 |