Top Tech Tidbits - Volume 236
The Week's News in Adaptive Technology
Distributed by Flying Blind, LLC
This Issue's Featured Advertisement:
Flying Blind, LLC Introduces You to NetECHO, An All New Internet Access Alternative!
What distinguishes NetECHO from any other web browser today is that it does not require a PC or mobile phone, web browser, or screenreader in order to use the application. Amazed? We were too. To subscribe to the NetECHO service, or to obtain more information about it, including a complete 45 minute audio podcast demonstration of NetEcho given by Flying Blind, LLC founder Larry Lewis, visit us today at www.flying-blind.com.
1) This article by Ron Schenone is entitled Don’t Become A Victim Of Web Loyalty Or Coupon Saving Scams
2) Tek Talk presents All about the NLS Player, everything you want to know about obtaining and playing books on the free players from the Libraries for the Blind in the US, GMT Tuesday, 1 December at 01:00.
3) Internet Your Way to a New Job - How to Really Find a Job Online is a new $11.95 book from National Braille Press in online and braille. the book includes up-to-date tips on using sites such as Facebook and LinkedIn to enhance your job search and career building.
4) Keith Bundy is offering two two-hour workshops on Becoming a Power Online Shopper, one for JAWS and one for Window-Eyes users. Taking the workshops via telephone conference line costs $20, and buying a cd of the content costs $30.
5) Version 0.78 of vOICe for Android phones is available. The program turns pictures taken by the phone into sound patterns.
6) Handy Tech North America is selling what it calls its Triumphonic Mobile Pack, consisting of an HTC743 windows Mobile Smart Phone with both a QWERTY and a telephone keypad and its contact manager and calendar, Mobile Speak for windows Mobile, and Mobile Geo GPS software. this package costs $1,699 but purchased before 21 December $100 can be saved. You can hear an audio demo of the system here:
And more information about this and other Handy Tech offerings is here:
7) This Fred's Head post is called What’s the difference between spyware, viruses, malware, adware and grayware?
8) SeroTalk Podcast 28 discusses Accessing Computers Remotely no matter what screen reader they are using, mp3 players, and Mobility Choices
9) SeroTalk Tech Chat 42 discussed many aspects of Self-employment and Working From Home, and gave plenty of resources in the show notes.
10) A potentially useful blog I was led to is the Cheapskate from CNeT News. the posts and resulting comments give good information about good deals that arise.
11) This Mark Taylor CandleShore podcast introduces version 4 of Mobile Speak for both Symbian and Windows Mobile phones.
12) This blog post from the same source is entitled Ten Tips for Buying A Windows 7 Laptop
13) Don't know about the accessibility of this, but here is a review from the team from Gizmo on Best Free Online TV Viewer
14) ACB Radio hasn't had a paid Managing Director for a while, but now they're recruiting for one. Application materials can come by d-mail to Melanie Brunson
For questions and comments regarding Tidbits, please e-mail Dean Martineau at firstname.lastname@example.org. Dean Martineau provides adaptive technology training by phone, online, and in person, with flexible arrangements, and at affordable prices.
Would you like to receive text-only versions of the Tidbits and Flying Blind, LLC Newsletters? If so, find the link at the bottom of every Newsletter titled "Update Profile/E-Mail Address", and check this newly-available option.
Feel free to forward individual Tidbits, or the entire tidbits issue, to interested people (but make sure they don't already receive it; a lot do!) When doing this, please have the courtesy to cite your source, perhaps directing them to the tidbits website (see below.)
Tidbits is intentionally concise, and we know a lot of people may not understand some items because little explanation is given. If a particular Tidbit brings up a question in your mind, feel free to ask, and I will try to answer as time and knowledge permit.
Visit the Tidbits page at http://www.topdotenterprises.com/tidbits.htm where you can subscribe to the RSS feed and grab back issues. All that welcome information for future issues can come to me at email@example.com.
You can subscribe to Top Tech Tidbits on the Flying Blind, LLC Website at: http://www.flying-blind.com. Here you will find an accessibly friendly and secure form into which you can enter your email address, click submit, and begin receiving Tidbits weekly. It's that easy.
| Flying Blind, LLC | 955 Pembrook Road | Cleveland Heights, Ohio 44121 |