Top Tech Tidbits - Volume 168
The Week's News in Adaptive Technology
Distributed by Flying Blind, LLC
For questions and comments regarding Tidbits, please e-mail Dean Martineau at firstname.lastname@example.org. Dean Martineau provides adaptive technology training by phone, online, and in person, with flexible arrangements, and at affordable prices.
1) This week's Tek Talk Training, held on GMT Tuesday, 22 July, at 00:00, will consist of a tutorial on the use of Roxio Record Now!
2) Optasia Ministry offers free electronic Christian resources to US residents; some of these resources are not available otherwise in free electronic format, and some are particularly formatted for use on legacy and current portable reading devices.
3) IBM has started a service, currently in beta, where JAWS users can submit websites whose accessibility needs improvement to volunteers who can correct the site so that any user of the IBM software can benefit from the improved accessibility.
4) ATC now sells Mobileyes, the device which is a reading machine, audio player and PDA all in one, and they have a video demo of it you can download, just know that it is a large file!
5) An article, Special Steps to use Window-Eyes with ZoomText, has been posted to the GW Micro knowledge base.
6) On the blindbargains.com audio page, you can listen to a two-part interview and demonstration of the SI Recognizer, a versatile and powerful portable device.
Would you like to receive text-only versions of the Tidbits and Flying Blind, LLC E-Newsletters? If so, find the link at the bottom of every E-News titled "Update Profile/E-Mail Address", and check this newly-available option.
Feel free to forward individual Tidbits, or the entire tidbits issue, to interested people (but make sure they don't already receive it; a lot do!) When doing this, please have the courtesy to cite your source, perhaps directing them to the tidbits website (see below.)
Tidbits is intentionally concise, but I know a lot of people don't understand many of the items because little explanation is given. If a Tidbit brings up a question in your mind, feel free to ask, and I'll answer as time, knowledge and inclination permit.
Visit the Tidbits page at http://www.topdotenterprises.com/tidbits.htm where you can subscribe to the RSS feed and grab back issues. All that welcome information for future issues can come to me at email@example.com.
People can subscribe to Tidbits via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (Make sure to get all 4 T's into the address!)
| Flying Blind, LLC | 955 Pembrook Road | Cleveland Heights, Ohio 44121 |