Top Tech Tidbits - Volume 204
The Week's News in Adaptive Technology
Distributed by Flying Blind, LLC
For questions and comments regarding Tidbits, please e-mail Dean Martineau at email@example.com. Dean Martineau provides adaptive technology training by phone, online, and in person, with flexible arrangements, and at affordable prices.
1) From Fred's Head, learn about a new audio game, Rail Facer.
2) Cast Roller is one of several services for finding podcasts online, and this one includes some social networking features.
3) This Fred's Head post concerns the QuickLook Basic Portable Video Magnifier
4) Buttercupreader is a Daisy book reader from New Zealand. It is web-based, and is currently in beta test.
5) This Fred's Head post is called Sacred Texts: Where to Get Them in Alternate Media
6) Finally, out prolific blog tells about an informative and entertaining site for finding out how much different services and activities cost.
7) Back on the spirituality theme, SeroTalk Tech Chat 11 is entitled Using Technology to Pursue Our Faith
8) In its latest promotion, Serotek is offering $200 off its System Access Mobile if your Software Maintenance Agreement from a major screen reader has expired.
9) SeroTalk Podcast 12 describes itself as the Latest News and All Things Radio Podcast
10) The NFB Access Technology blog now hosts several interviews conducted at the CSUN conference as well as accounts of some of their team's activities there.
11) Humanware's Classmate Reader will be the topic of discussion and demonstration for Tek Talk on GMT Tuesdeay 21 April at 00:00.
12) Jamal Mazrui has developd a command-line Twitter client called McTwitt,
13) Cooking with Ken and Cindy will be a regular online cooking program providing tips and recipes for bind cooks. The first episode will take place on GMT Sunday, 26 April at 23:00.
14) The edition of Bill Boules' Friday Morning podcast for this week will provide a minicourse on text mesaging and will also cover version 4 of the Talks and Zooms screen reader and magnifier for Symbian phones.
Would you like to receive text-only versions of the Tidbits and Flying Blind, LLC Newsletters? If so, find the link at the bottom of every Newsletter titled "Update Profile/E-Mail Address", and check this newly-available option.
Feel free to forward individual Tidbits, or the entire tidbits issue, to interested people (but make sure they don't already receive it; a lot do!) When doing this, please have the courtesy to cite your source, perhaps directing them to the tidbits website (see below.)
Tidbits is intentionally concise, but I know a lot of people don't understand many of the items because little explanation is given. If a Tidbit brings up a question in your mind, feel free to ask, and I'll answer as time, knowledge and inclination permit.
Visit the Tidbits page at http://www.topdotenterprises.com/tidbits.htm where you can subscribe to the RSS feed and grab back issues. All that welcome information for future issues can come to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
People can subscribe to Tidbits via e-mail: email@example.com (Make sure to get all 4 T's into the address!)
| Flying Blind, LLC | 955 Pembrook Road | Cleveland Heights, Ohio 44121 |