Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday, October 25, 2012 - Volume 376
The Week's News in Adaptive Technology
A Flying Blind, LLC Publication
This Week's Featured Advertisement: 3 BrailleSense Notetakers for $1,745.00 USD each!!!
Flying Blind, LLC is currently offering 3 BrailleSense notetakers manufactured by Hims for the unbeatable price of $1,745.00 USD each! Each device comes with a 90-day manufacturer warranty. We currently have 1 (One) BrailleSense Classic with Braille Keyboard, 1 (One) BrailleSense Classic with a QWERTY keyboard, and 1 (One) BrailleSense Plus with a QWERTY keyboard. These gently-used robust solutions are the perfect companion for the Braille user wishing to organize their life at a most affordable price, which also includes shipping within the Continental United States. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 (216) 381-8107 today. All units will be sold on a first-come, first-serve basis, so act now while supplies last!
1) The big release of Windows 8 is this week, and Main Menu will be covering it in its usual time slots, GMT Friday at 01:00 and repeating much of the next 24 hours.
2) Window-Eyes Version 8 is now in public beta, featuring access to safe mode, improved web browsing, access to OpenOffice, and more.
3. On that topic, the article "Java and OpenOffice Accessibility" has been posted to the GW Micro knowledge base.
4) JAWS version 14 is now official, with more powerful ability to customize display of web pages, additional responsive voices, and better support for Outlook.
5) Learn about the Read Easy Move, the portable reading machine GW Micro is importing from the UK, on Tek Talk on GMT Tuesday, 30 October at 00:00.
6) Apps4Android announces the release of a beta version of its "no-cost-to-the-user" accessible Voter Information Guide:
7) Here are the latest Apple-related podcasts:
Three Quirky and Fun Apps for Generating Music on your iOS Device:
Using the VIP Mailbox in iOS 6:
MaxEmail Fax: Send and Receive Faxes on your iPhone:
AudioBoo: Record and Share your Voice With the World from your iOS Device:
Are you on Facebook? Stop by and "Like" Flying Blind, LLC to begin receiving Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday as part of your Facebook News Feed at www.facebook.com/flyingblindllc. If you prefer an RSS Feed, you can access Flying Blind, LLC Publications as they become available using www.flying-blind.com/feed.xml. And finally, if audio / video is more your style then you can follow Flying Blind, LLC on YouTube at www.youtube.com/flyingblindllc.
Shopping for accessible technology? Be sure to check out www.flying-blind.com/store.html. All products offered in the Flying Blind, LLC Online Store are products that Larry L. Lewis, Jr. either personally uses, or publicly endorses. Flying Blind, LLC is proud to offer free shipping & handling on all of our products, within the 48 continental United States.
Would you like to receive text-only versions of Flying Blind, LLC Publications? If so, find the link at the bottom of each Newsletter titled "Update Profile/E-Mail Address", and check this option.
Feel free to forward individual Tidbits, or the entire tidbits issue, to interested people (just make sure they don't already receive it; a lot do!) When doing this, please have the courtesy to cite your source, perhaps directing them to the Tidbits Archive (see below.)
Tidbits is intentionally concise, and we know a lot of people may not understand some items because little explanation is given. If a particular Tidbit brings up a question in your mind, feel free to ask, and we will try to answer as time and knowledge permit.
Visit the 2012 Tidbits Archive at http://www.flying-blind.com/tidbits2012.html where you can grab back issues. All that welcome information for future issues can be directed to our editor, Dean Martineau, at email@example.com.
You can subscribe to Flying Blind, LLC Publications on the Flying Blind, LLC Website at: http://www.flying-blind.com or by texting "FLYINGBLIND" to 22828. Either method will provide you with an accessibly friendly and secure medium through which you can subscribe to our mailing list. Just enter your email address, click send, and begin receiving Flying Blind, LLC Publications. It's that easy.***************************************